We currently have an opening for Bilingual (Japanese/English) Project Manager.
|Career Level Required:
||5-7+ years of experience
||Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field
The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. Also managing team members and business side members, as well as third party contractors and consultants to deliver projects according to plan.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Create project plan document according the information from feasibility study or/and survey from the business side. Arrange various meetings with related users and managers, systems team and project stakeholders if necessary.
- Prepare resource plan and budget plan (if it’s not prepared yet before project starts), as well as WBS to start the project.
- Prepare various status meetings with related users (may include overseas offices and head office), daily or weekly or monthly.
- Prepare phase to phase exiting presentations to SME (Subject Matter Experts) to review before you go to new phase.
- Manage various resources for System and Business teams to keep the project going.
- Arrange the visitors from remote offices, overseas office and head office.
- Follow the compliance, quality assurance procedures and other regulations.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY:
- Responsible for the day-to-day management and supervision of the department.
- Monitor and review employees’ work activities through individual meetings and group meetings to ensure that all work activities are proceeding smoothly.
- Motivate, develop and mentor employees for improved performance.
- Responsible for hiring, training, evaluating and mentoring departmental employees.
- Ensure that established policies, rules and regulations and procedures are followed.
OTHER & MISCELLANEOUS:
- Report all irregular issues and problems to management for solution.
- Maintain good communication with supervisor, office staff members and outside contacts.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field
5- 7+ years of experience in a financial field, understand advanced level of knowledge for banking systems in all areas. If you have any experience to work for major Japanese banks, it will be a plus.
Certain level of experience to work with Mainframe related systems, Oracle or any other banking application related systems will be a plus.
Understand the banking/finance business field and skills that effectively applies the methodology and enforces project standards also will be a plus.
Experience in Project Management standard processes, PLC, in all phases (Plan, Design, Development, Testing, and Implementation processes.)
SKILLS, ABILITIES & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Create and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Ability to create resource plan, budget plan, WBS, plan documents, presentations to stakeholders/SME (Subject Matter Expert), test plan, status reports, etc…
- Responsible to manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope, as well as to keep in good status on quality assurance standards.
- Experience of the banking systems or/and financial area will a plus.
- Experience or/and knowledge of banking systems, such as Mainframe related systems, ACBS, Oracle, AIX, etc., will be plus.
- Well developed written and verbal communication skills. Japanese and English language skills are required.
- Motivate your team to work together in the most efficient manner, and mitigates team conflict and communication problems.
- Required to communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
Only qualified candidates will be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.